Rotary Club of Kittery
1. A member of the Board will chair each of the standing committees provided for in the Club By-laws. Other committee chairs may be any club member.
1. Each member of the club will volunteer to serve and become actively involved in one or more club projects and activities in the true spirit of Rotary - "Service above Self".
1. A Rotarian who brings a guest to a meeting shall have the guest sign the guest book, notify the sergeant-at-arms, be prepared to introduce the guest by telling something about the guest's background, occupation, etc. Everyone in the club shall make the guest feel welcome.
2. A visiting Rotarian will sign the guest book. The secretary will explain that we would like the visiting Rotarian to tell us a little about themselves, their club, etc. once they are introduced. It is not mandatory for them to do this.
3. Guest speakers will be asked to sign the guest book and will be seated with the Rotarian that arranged for their presentation. It will be that Rotarian's responsibility to introduce the guest speaker at the appropriate time.
4. The president-elect is responsible for coordinating the guest speakers. Everyone in the club is expected to help arrange for speakers during the year.
1. Rotarians will always give the highest degree of respect and attention to all other Rotarians, guests, and guest speakers. At no time will any Rotarian publicly bring up an issue which will cause embarrassment to anyone. Any problem situation shall be first brought to the attention of the board of directors.
2. Leaving a meeting early is discouraged. Any Rotarian leaving a meeting early will be expected to pay a $1.00 fine to the sergeant-at-arms before their departure. Any Rotarian that must leave early will personally inform the speaker of their need to leave early and apologize for missing their presentation. Scooters must always depart before any presentation starts, not during it.
3. The first, second, fourth, and fifth meetings of the month will be for classification talks and guest speakers. The third meeting of each month will be a business meeting (club assembly).
USE OF LAST NAMES:
1. In Rotary, your last name loses its importance. We have no Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Ms. We use only first names or nicknames. A fine can accompany the use of a Rotarian's last name.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS/NOMINATION COMMITTEE:
1. The nomination committee shall consist of the past-president, the president-elect, and a non-board member.
2. The election of officers will be held at the business meeting in December.
REVISED February 15, 2011
ROTARY CLUB OF KITTERY CLUB POLICIES